Monday, June 6, 2011

Dan Mountford: Photography

The Royal Pavilion in Brighton // Valerie 3
Dan Mountford, a British graphic designer who is currently studying at Brighton University.

>>>> I stumbled upon his work on the internet and immediately stopped in my tracks because I took a double take as soon as I saw his unique style of photography. Double exposure photography has been around for many years, especially in film photography when the film is exposed twice, thus embedding two images into the one film frame instead of one image. However, I have never seen it been applied as creatively as Mountford's work. 

Surprisingly, his works are not photo-manipuated! These works are straight out of the camera with of course a little photoshop color tweaking. This makes his work way more impressive as when I first looked at it I thought it was pure photo-manipulation! Props to Mountford on mastering such a technique in an astounding unique way. Mountford's techniques are definitely inspiring  and I look forward to see more related works in the future and see what other ways he can apply this technique.


You can see more of his work at his website here: Wesbite. His works have been featured in The Modernist (and took a spot on the cover!) and is definitely catching the attentions of a lot of art related blogs.

The Royal Pavilion in Brighton // Valerie
Hideaway // Hands
Portrait // Cigarettes

No comments:

Post a Comment